Sunday, February 4, 2007

Pathetically unmarketable mommy..

On our "hip mommies group" one of the mommies brought up the discussion about what each of us brings to the group, and how we should discuss what we're able to do personally for the group, or how we can contribute to the group. I agree with her, but reading her post actually made me think I'm pretty pathetic now - when I worked, I could have made a resume pages long of my talents -now I can't think of one... seriously. How could I be of benefit to other mommies?

Being home with my kids has "dumbed me down" beyond belief, and all the things that used to be "marketable" about me, have nothing to do with being a "mommie"... and it sucks!

Now all I want out of life is to be "qualified" in the mom dept, or homemaking dept.. but I'm SO NOT!!! I don't even know how to make brownies for god sake! Does anyone else feel like this? I want to be a good mom to my children, but keeping them occupied, and entertained all day, every day, is WAY HARDER than running a business... There isn't even time off for lunch, or good behaviour.

Why did no one teach me the concepts of motherhood or running a home? Being a wife without kids was a piece of cake, but being a wife, with two kids is the hardest thing I've ever done!

I feel so retarded not knowing how to do stuff, like how to "organize" my kids toys well ~ luckily several other moms stepped up and e-mailed various tips about small bins and sorting things together, and picking up before starting a new activity. I had to buy a book about "toddler activites" just so I could know what things toddlers need and want to play with. I've also bought the "What to expect" in the toddler years, however, it's huge, and I haven't gotten far into it yet. Reading, blogging, going to the bathroom, are all things that I don't get to do very much anymore... BTW - both also had to be recommended to me by another mom, because of course, I had NO idea someone would actually already have written books on the topics!

No comments: